The Fellowship of the Wheel is hiring for a full-time Programs Director. The application period opens today (January 15) and closes Friday, February 5.
The Programs Director will help drive community engagement and participation with the Fellowship of the Wheel. They will help manage the day to day operations of the organization and support the Board of Directors (Board) committees as needed.
Please continue reading for the full job description.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Program Director will help drive community engagement and participation with Fellowship of the Wheel through digital and event marketing and new community programs. They will help to manage the day to day operations of the organization and support the Board of Directors (Board) committees as needed.
This job is a full-time, salaried, remote position paid on a bi-weekly basis. The position will report directly to the FOTW Board Executive Committee.
- Manage communications and digital marketing
- Respond to general FOTW email inquiries
- Check the PO Box snail mail
- Support content creation and community engagement on our social media channels
- Regularly create and distribute email newsletters
- Maintain the FOTW website
- Support the Marketing Committee as needed
- Support FOTW events
- Help coordinate fundraising and membership activations at our events
- Support the Events Committee as needed
- With support from the Board, develop new programs to increase membership and community engagement
- Grant writing and fundraising
- Discover new corporate grant opportunities
- Support the Fundraising Committee as needed
- Serve as the primary FOTW contact with the community, land managers, and other organizations
- Function as the main contact for the Vermont Mountain Bike Association (VMBA)
- Maintain open communication channels with other local trail organizations
- Support the Executive Committee as needed
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure the organization is compliant with 501(c)3 nonprofit status
- Assist in the budgeting process and perform year-end financial reporting
- Support the Treasurer as needed
- 1-3 Years of experience in recreation nonprofit work
- Alignment with Fellowship of the Wheel’s mission and values
- Experience with managing social media channels
- Experience in grant writing
- Self-motivated, able to creatively work through problems and work independently
- Must have an understanding of our local outdoor recreation environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Applications, WordPress, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of a large crowd
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Programs Director” by no later than Friday, February 5, 2021. No applications will be considered after February 5. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Fellowship of the Wheel
Fellowship of the Wheel (FOTW) is a non-profit organization that advocates for and maintains 120+ miles (8 networks in 7 towns) of public multi-use trails in Chittenden County, VT. We work with private and municipal landowners to create responsibly-built, sustainable trails for the greater community to enjoy. FOTW completes over 3500 hours of trail work each season, through the direction of the Trail Crew, including over 1000 hours of volunteer commitment. Funding is sourced through financial donations from local businesses, partnerships with other organizations, grants, fundraisers, and membership dues. We advocate for outdoor recreation opportunities, building sustainable trails, and educating the community. Through this, we provide people of all ages and fitness levels a chance to appreciate their environment. Our trails access beautiful scenery and historic sites, link towns, and bring people together. It is our hope that this will inspire people to care about their environment in such a way that they make conscious decisions to protect it. Our website address is www.fotwheel.org.
Fellowship of the Wheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.